Call for Registration: The 1st Nile Basin Discourse Summit (NBDS) - November 29th -30th 2017, Entebbe - Uganda
Published: 31 August 2017
The Nile Basin countries face challenges such as the weak cooperation, gender imbalance, climate change, food crises, rapid population growth, weak regional integration, and slow transition into a green economy. Taking cognizance of which, the Nile Basin Discourse, starting this 2017 will biennially organize a Summit, to collectively discourse, on emerging issues, best practices, and experiences from the Nile and beyond.
The Summit targets communities, researchers, graduate students, government and policy-makers, practitioners, and humanitarian actors with an interest in the Nile Basin Issues and beyond, from Nile basin grassroots communities, Research Institutions, Universities, Civil Society Organisations, NGOs, International NGOs, Regional Organisations, Foreign Missions and United Nations’ Agencies, with a particular focus on Water Basin Resources and Governance.
• Participants from within NBD member organisations: $30 (thirty US Dollars) [Introductory letter is required].
• Participants not attached to any member organisation: $50 (fifty US Dollars).
** These subsidized fees only cover attendance charge, cost of materials, and meals during the summit. Participants will have to take care of their accommodation, transport, Visas, and emergency costs.
There is a limited number of full-board sponsorship for applicants whose abstracts have been selected and will be presenting papers during the summit.
• Application letter stating your interest in the NBDS 2017
• A reference letter from your organization or institution [If participant is from an NBD member organisation]
1) Instantly register online on the NBDS 2017 page HERE OR
2) Deadline for normal registration is 15th November 2017
Opportunity to Show Case
There will be free space for whoever would like to show case their products.
Phone contact: +256-414 322 432.